For nearly 30 years, PENTA Communications, Inc. has given back to its community in numerous capacities and has always been dedicated to the growth and advancement of education in the region. The company has provided internships, job shadowing opportunities, work-study, and mentoring experiences since its inception. It has also sponsored community scholarships, mini grants for education, and has been a steadfast supporter of the Public School System.
In 1995, PENTA launched the Deborah A. Penta Leadership Scholarship. This Scholarship is awarded annually to a Westborough High School (WHS) college-bound senior who personifies leadership, academic prowess, dedication to his or her community, and diversified extra curricular activities during his or her high school years.
WHS seniors may apply for the $1,000 scholarship until the 1st of April each year.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members or those who can detail the
applicant’s academic and leadership qualities at WHS;
- Detailed information regarding participation on any teams, committees or place of employment;
- Current résumé or transcript indicating academic standing and all activities and leadership
- A listing of any charitable work the applicant has accomplished during his or her high school years; and
- A 200-word essay explaining why the applicant feels he or she should receive the scholarship.
To be considered, the PENTA Scholarship Committee must receive the candidate’s application before 5 p.m. on the first day of April.
Submissions may be sent to:
Selection Committee of The Deborah A. Penta Leadership Scholarship
PENTA Communications, Inc.
The PENTA Building
208 Turnpike Road
Westborough, MA 01581
The winning candidate will be notified prior to graduation.