Applications now being accepted for the Deborah A. Penta Female Leadership Scholarship
WESTBOROUGH _ PENTA Communications, Inc. CEO Deborah Penta has announced the firm will be accepting applications for its 2014 Female Leadership Scholarship.
In its ninth year, the Deborah A. Penta Female Leadership Scholarship is awarded annually to a Westborough High School (WHS) college-bound senior who personifies leadership, academic prowess, dedication to her community, and diversified extra curricular activities during her high school years.
“Each year, we are impressed with the high caliber of applicants we receive. All of our previous scholarship recipients are fulfilling the goals they set for themselves while making their mark on society,” Penta said. “Our scholarship was founded to help inspire and acknowledge WHS female seniors who excel in their leadership roles. Each year we are inspired by the amazing young women who apply.”
PENTA’s 2013 scholarship recipient, Allison “Ally” Thibault is currently a freshman at Syracuse University, Newhouse School, with aspirations to become a screen writer and make films and documentaries that will impact the world.
“Young women like Ally do not see obstacles as boundaries, but as challenges to overcome. Her example of academic success, athletic skill, community service and overall kindness and compassion to her peers put her in a class by herself. I have no doubt that this year’s applicants will emulate her incredible example,” Penta said.
WHS female seniors may apply for the $1,000 scholarship until April 1, 2014. Criteria to apply include the following:
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members or those who can detail the applicant’s qualities at WHS
- Detailed information regarding participation on any teams, committees or place of employment
- Current résumé or transcript indicating academic standing and all activities and leadership achievements
- A listing of any charitable work the applicant has accomplished during her high school years
- A 200-word essay explaining why the applicant feels she should receive the scholarship
To be considered, an application must be received by the PENTA Scholarship Committee before 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
Submissions may be sent to:
The Deborah A. Penta Female Leadership Scholarship
PENTA Communications, Inc.
208 Turnpike Road
Westborough, MA 01581